TITLE: Compliance Officer
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
The Compliance Officer implements, oversees, and creates awareness of the Compliance Program within the organization and with external relationships, including agents and partners to ensure alignment with corporate policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and maintains policies and procedures to carry out a comprehensive Compliance program within the context of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, including those related to AML and other areas such as OFAC and ensure its overall effectiveness.
- Develop systems and processes related to monitoring and auditing agent activities, including record keeping logs, reporting requirements, and training material to verify compliance.
- Keeps apprised of existing, new and proposed regulations that are relevant to the Company and update the Compliance program and communicate internally and externally as required
- Collaborates with all departments, including business, operations, and product managers to provide advice on compliance issues. Consults with legal counsel as required.
- Reports on a regular basis to keep the Board, senior management, Compliance and Risk Committees apprised on the overall operations and progress of compliance efforts.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. banks, regulators, partners, and agents).
- Ensure that effective controls are in place to protect the company against the risk of its agents and/or customers being involved in potential money laundering activities and comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Manage the content and effective implementation of anti-money laundering training programs for both company employees and agents.
- Effectively manage the agent risk assessment program and the resulting enhanced due diligence required for high risk agents.
- Lead correspondence and interaction with state auditors. Manage audits and follow up tasks related to state regulator and key customer audits,
- Strong and confident communication skills – presenting in written and oral format
- Ability to make key decisions
- Proven leadership
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Proven results-driven track record
While this is a senior position, it will require a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, and experience to include:
- Minimum of 5 years proven BSA/AML compliance function within financial services, money transmitter, payments processor or related business(es) experience.
- CAMS or similar certification.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, especially as it relates to licensing applications and pursuing innovative business models
This is a salaried position with a full benefit package. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, please note that only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter in a Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF (.pdf) to:
About Globex Financial Services, Inc.:
Globex Financial Services, Inc. is one of the largest money order, bill payment and prepaid wireless companies operating through thousands of retail locations in the U.S. Globex Financial Services, Inc. has processed millions of “real-time” walk-in bill payments for utility companies, merchants and municipalities. For more information on Global Express visit: www.globalexpress.net.